- BrandПредприятие Химпродукция ХХI
- Country of manufactureRussia
Barium hydroxide (caustic barium, barium oxide hydrate) Ba (OH) 2 · 8H2O - colorless crystals. The reagent is highly soluble in water (3.75% anhydrous Ba (OH) 2 at 20 ° C), the solubility increases with heating. The solution has a strongly alkaline reaction. In contact with air, it absorbs CO2 and becomes cloudy as a result of the formation of insoluble BaCO3. When drying over concentrated H2SO4, barium hydroxide easily loses 7 molecules of crystallization water, complete dehydration is achieved only at 120 - 150 ° C. It melts in crystallization water at 78 ° C.
Barium hydroxide (barium oxide hydrate) is used:
- in the oil refining industry for the production of oil additives;
- in non - ferrous metallurgy in the synthesis of phenol - formaldehyde binder, as a catalyst in the chemical industry;
- in the production of batteries of constant current sources;
- upon receipt of a number of salts of reactive qualification;
- for cleaning sulfate ions of various water - salt systems, etc.