Citric acid (food supplement E 330)GOST 908 - 2004BP 2008 Chemical formula: C6H8O7 * H2ORegistration number CAS: 5949 - 29 - 1Описание:
Citric acid is the acidity regulator, antioxidant, and also synergist of antioxidants. It can also be used as the dispersing and making small additive. Possesses pleasant flavor. Solubility in water - 162 g / 100 ml at 25 °C. It is subject to thermal destruction. The beginning of carbonization at 170 °C. It is subject to full biodisintegration. According to the European digital codification of food supplements citric acid is classified by E330 and enters the list of the food supplements allowed for use in foodstuff and drinks.Application:
Citric acid monohydrate food represents the colourless crystals externally similar to sugar. The main scopes of this product are:
- Confectionery industry. Here citric acid is used as podkislitel and the amplifier of taste.
- Production of drinks. In alcoholic and cooling aerated and still beverages citric acid is added for giving of feeling of freshness by it. Besides, she is synergist, i. e. the substance strengthening effect of antioxidants, such, for example, as ascorbic acid.
- Canning industry. Here citric acid is used as preservative instead of vinegar which is recognized as carcinogen and which application in the majority of the countries in the food industry is sharply limited.
- Fat - and - oil industry. Here lemon acids protects products from the decomposing action of the traces of heavy metals which are in them, by education with them complex connections. In such way the probability of rancidification of fats, margarine and tallow oil considerably decreases.
- Cosmetic industry. Citric acid is part of many cosmetic preparations: elixirs, lotions, creams, shampoos, fixers of hair, etc. Here it is used, generally as the regulator rn.