- Country of manufactureChina
represents fine-crystalline powder of white color, flavourless. It is moderated it is dissolved in cold water and it is bad in hot, it is almost insoluble in alcohol. It is alkali salt of lithium and carbonic acid.
Density is 2,11 g/cm ³. Melting temperature - 732 °C.
Lithium carbonate is produced by transmission of carbon dioxide gas through lithium hydroxide solution, and also by means of reaction of potash or soda with solutions of salts of lithium at 80-90 °C.
Chemical formula: Li2CO3
- as mother substance for synthesis of other derivatives of lithium;
- as component of structures by production of ceramics, sitall, electric insulation porcelain, heat-resistant ceramic coatings (including for combustion chambers also snuffled jets);
- as compound substance of glazes, enamels, acidproof coverings, primers for aluminum, cast iron, sheet steel;
- as component of glasses for giving of durability, resilience to corrosion. Glasses with additive of lithium carbonate possess the increased permeability for ultra-violet radiation;
- in the aluminum industry as gumboil. The additive of lithium carbonate increases productivity of aluminum electrolyzers;
- as gumboil for the soldering of aluminum and magnesium;
- as component of pyrotechnic structures;
- as component of fuel cells;
- in the cement industry as the additive accelerating curing of cement mortars;
- in psychiatry as pharmacological means for treatment of depressions and maniac-depressive psychoses.
Physical and chemical indicators of TU 95.1951-89 lithium carbonate
|Name of indicator||Norm|
|Lithium carbonate (Li2CO3), %||99,04|
|Calcium oxide (CaO)||0,038|
|Sodium oxide (Na2O)||0,057|
|Iron oxide (Fe2O3)||0,0066|
Lithium carbonate is hranenit in the dry, well aired room.
Warranty period of storage of product - 3 years.
LLC Company Plazma ® carries out deliveries of chemical products from warehouse in Kharkiv in terms and for reasonable prices, on conditions, favorable to you.